Me Made May 2017 - Week 4


It's nearly the end guys, May has flown by! This week was a much better week in terms of the weather which made a nice change. On Monday I went to Kensington Palace to see the Diana Dresses Exhibition (lovely, but a lot smaller than I thought it was going to be), I wore my me-made navy 50s slacks, a cream sleeveless turtle neck and my favourite orange crimplene jacket.



Tuesday saw me wearing an orange, blue and white shift dress. I made this dress from a hack of Simplicity 5592. I eliminated the center front seam and created a skirt and top effect by adding a seam at the waist. It's perfect for left over bits of crimplene that would otherwise be redundant!


Wednesday was another lovely warm day so I wore a crimplene shift dress made using Simplicity 5592. This dress goes really well with my yellow Rocket Originals shoes.


On Thursday I was positively melting as London hit the heady highs of 25 degrees celsius (not pleasant when you have to get on the tube), I wore the green striped crimplene shift dress again but this time with my green suede Rocket Originals wedges.


Friday was even hotter and I melted just trying to get to the station in the morning. I wore this lovely red dress made from Style 3056 from 1970, using viscose fabric I bought on ebay. The dress looks a bit creased in the photos but in real life the fit is good, if I ever find a similar fabric I'll be sure to make another one.

As ever, you can catch up on previous me-made posts here and if you want to follow me on Instagram I'm @stylesixties (hi to all my new followers!).

x

1 comment

  1. I've loved all your makes especially that orange and white shift dress! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please do not comment anonymously - use the Name/URL option instead.

Spam comments will be deleted.